Friday, September 4, 2009

The Requisite Introductory Post

I have recently begun the MA program at Temple University with a concentration in Public History. I graduated from Arcadia University in 2004 with a BA in history. After working in various capacities at non-profits and exploring other educational pursuits, I realized that history is my passion and that I must pursue employment in the field in order to fulfill my professional desires. Upon graduation from Temple, I hope to become an archivist and am very excited to be in the University’s Public History program in order to finally make my dreams reality.

Recently, after much soul-searching, I figured out that I've always been an archivist at heart, constantly cataloging, organizing (and re-organizing) and finding new ways to preserve my various collections. I am determined to have a career I love and about which I'm passionate, so pursuing employment in archives seems a natural fit for me. I'm elated, after what I feel was too long a break in my education, to have found myself at a university like Temple, which offers such strong curriculum in history and public history, led by extraordinary faculty. I'm determined to make the most of this wonderful opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment